Privacy and protecting your personal information is an important part of the Doctor Ma Integrative
Medicine (DMIM). DMIM comes in contact with your personal information and are aware of the sensitive nature of the information that you have disclosed to us. Doctor Ma is trained in the appropriate use and protection of your information.
- Only necessary information is collected about you;
- We only share your information with your consent;
- Storage, retention and destruction of your personal information complies with existing legislation, and privacy protection protocols;
- Our privacy protocols comply with privacy legislation and standards of the naturopathic professions regulatory body.
HOW OUR CLINIC COLLECTS, USES AND DISCLOSES PATIENTS’ PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing your information responsibility and do so for the following purposes:
- To assess your health concerns, provide health care and advise you of treatment options
- To establish and maintain contact with you
- To remind you of upcoming appointments
- To allow us to efficiently follow-up for treatment
- To complete claims for insurance purposes
- To invoice for goods and services
- To process credit card payments
- To collect unpaid accounts and follow upon billing as required
- To comply with all regulatory and legal requirements including court orders, statutory requirements to advise authorities of child abuse, reportable diseases and individuals who may be an imminent threat to harm themselves or others
- To be used for educational and research purposes at DMAMH (this includes case summaries, photographs, lab results and other pertinent medical information. Your identity will be protected at all times and if necessary, identifying information will be altered to protect your privacy in all the above instances
Doctors assess the whole person, taking into consideration physical, mental and spiritual aspects of the individual. Gentle, noninvasive techniques are generally used in order to stimulate the body’s inherent-healing capacity. Doctor Ma will take a thorough case history, perform a physical examination and may recommend lab tests like blood and urine samples. If your case requires, the physical may include more specific examinations such as breast, gynecological, rectal, prostate or genital exams.
It is very important that you inform Doctor Ma immediately of any disease process that you are suffering from and any medications/over the counter drugs that you are currently taking. Please advise Doctor Ma immediately if you are pregnant, suspect you are pregnant or if you are breast-feeding.
As a patient you will receive information about your diagnosis and/or treatment, alternative courses of action, the material effects, costs, expected benefits, risks, side effects and in each case the consequences of not having the diagnosis and/or treatment acted upon. Doctor Ma trained to handle emergencies should the need arise. There are some slight health risks associated with treatment. These include but are not limited to:
- Homeopathic remedies may occasionally result in the aggravation of pre-existing symptoms. When this occurs the duration is usually short.
- Some patients experience allergic reactions to certain supplements and herbs. Please advise your intern of any allergies you may have.
- Pain, bruising or injury from venipuncture, acupuncture or parental therapy.
- Fainting or puncturing of an organ with acupuncture needles.
- Muscle strains and sprains, disc injuries from spinal man
- There is a very small potential for stroke in neck manipulation. Patients are thoroughly screened by the intern prior to manipulating the neck.
- Doctor Ma are trained to handle emergencies should the need arise.